Leep Laser Care
Please take care after the LASER / LEEP / CONE procedure. You may experience cramping, discharge or bleeding. Read the following carefully and feel free to call if you have concerns.
- Do not use tampons for 6 weeks following LASER / LEEP / CONE treatment.
- Do not have intercourse for 6 weeks following the procedure.
- Do not douche.(ever)
- Showering is preferred for the first 4 weeks.
- Use Premarin vaginal cream (Estrogen) ½ applicator – 1 gram daily in the vagina alternating with Clindamycin Vaginal cream (Dalacin) for 2 weeks. (One night Premarin, the next Dalacin).
- You may have a vaginal discharge with blood in it for several weeks and this should be considered normal. Even a moderate amount of bleeding may begin several days after your procedure but this is usually present for only 2-3 days.
- If the bleeding is severe (anytime, especially day 7-14); >1 pad/hour for more than 3 hours, please call here, or go to the ER if we are not available.
- Please return for a repeat colposcopy in 3 months (or sooner depending on the specific instructions we give you). It is important that you do not have a pap test elsewhere before that visit. We may see you after 4-6 weeks to examine you for any post operative adhesions on the cervix.
- You can use Ibuprofen 400 mg every 6-8 hours after the procedure for cramping (or use Tylenol if you have an allergy to Aspirin or anti- inflammatories).
- If you develop a fever, lower abdominal / pelvic pain or feel unwell, please call the clinic, come in or go to the ER.
- If you have any concerns, please call the clinic.
Telephone: 416-484-8383 or our nurse at: 416 484-3804